Monday, October 15, 2012

Denver Yoga Studio Tour

To all that recently moved to Denver, I highly recommend you recruit a local yoga buddy to give you a yoga studio tour.

To all that have only seen the inside of just one yoga studio or even just one yoga style, I highly encourage you to branch out and give yourself the gift of a yoga studio tour.

My new friend Melissa D. just moved from Tampa to Denver. I took the opportunity to be her guide to yoga in Denver. Our tour of studios, instructors and styles reawakened my appreciation of the variety of yoga in my community.

Melissa isn't a complete newbie to yoga. When I met her, she had already experienced hot yoga at CorePower in Florida. I really wanted her to experience all that the Denver yoga scene has to offer.

Last week, my plan was three-fold. Melissa would check out my no-frills gym (24 Hour Fitness on Alameda Ave), take another yoga class with me and meet one of my yoga teacher training friends, Tracy M. As Tracy encouraged Melissa to explore the yoga in Denver, I smiled and Melissa explained that we were already on a yoga tour of Denver.

Locations we've hit on the tour so far:

Local studios that Tracy recommended we add to the tour:

Other studios that I'm curious about:

I could use to get back to Bikram, the yoga style I started with in 2005. This is a great time of year to do hot yoga, too. It's so refreshing to walk out of the heated studio and into the crisp autumn air. Hope Melissa's game for more touring!

No comments: